PicoLog recorder does not start

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Bertucchi

PicoLog recorder does not start

Post by Bertucchi »

Hi,
I have two questions :
- I do not manage to launch PicoLog Recorder : when I launch it, it is PicoLog PLAYER and not RECORDER which starts.
And then I can not change my settings.
- The first time I ran PicoLog Recorder it worked but was unable to reconize my TC-08 device, even if it was connected.

Thank you for your answers !
Best regards,
Marine

Hitesh

Re: PicoLog recorder does not start

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Marine,

To recover PicoLog Recorder, have a look in the taskbar to see if there is a 'PL' icon - double-click it to restore the window. If PicoLog is minimised it will show as an icon in the System Tray, meaning that if you try to run the program, PicoLog Player will appear. Which version do you have installed?

Depending on your version of Windows, the icon should appear in the taskbar like this (you may need to click on the arrow to view all items on the taskbar):
Windows 7 Taskbar showing PicoLog icon.
Windows 7 Taskbar showing PicoLog icon.
PL_Taskbar.png (9.52 KiB) Viewed 7859 times
If you cannot find this icon, open Windows Task Manager and look for a task named 'plw32.exe', select it, and click the 'End Process' button.

If your TC-08 is showing in Windows Device Manager, as shown below, but you cannot pick it up in PicoLog, then it may be that you installed the wrong driver.
USB TC-08 in Windows 7 Device Manager
USB TC-08 in Windows 7 Device Manager
Please uninstall the software and reinstall it. If you have a USB TC-08 then please select 'TC-08 (USB)' in the drop-down list that appears during the installation process or if you have a serial device, then choose 'TC-08 (Serial)'.

user

Post by user »

Is it the "normal" operation for the recorder to go to the notification taskbar when the software is minimized rather than to the normal bar?
It also happens randomly, while recording data, the open window closes, and it looks as if it crashed, but in fact we can see the icon in the notification taskbar.
I was wondering if this is some kind of bug, and if so, how one can get rid of.
Thanks

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

The software is designed to behave in this manner. I think it may be due to reducing the risk of a user inadvertently closing the window from the taskbar but it also means you can have the recorder running in the background while performing other tasks on the PC.

Regards,