sound level db recording

Which product is right for your exact requirements
awangens

sound level db recording

Post by awangens »

Hi

We have a Pico TC-08, and a external non usb db/sond level meter.

How is it possible to mesure sound level (db) from around 40 to 120 db, which equipment do i need?

We also want to attach a load cell to the TC 08 with "USB TC-08 Single-Channel Terminal Board", do you have some vendors that you recommend that works?

Can i get all data into PicoLog?

How can I write measuring data continus to an .txt file, in case of data failure and for other softwares to pick up.

Kind regards,
Anders

Hitesh

Re: sound level db recording

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Does you external db/sound level meter have any kind of output? Do you have a data sheet for it that you can post here?

This would help determine if you need a data logger or oscillscope device.

With regards to a load cell you may wish to try a seller such as RS Components or Farnell. You will need to ensure that the inputs to the TC-08 single channel board are correct - please e-mail support@picotech.com with details of your setup so that we can advise on how best to configure it.

Whether you can capture all the data using PicoLog will depending on the device you use for the sound meter.

You can either save a data file to a .txt or .csv file for other software to pick up, or you can write your own software to capture the data and write to file using our Software Development Kit for the TC-08 and the appropriate product.

How long do you need to capture data for and how many samples would you be looking to capture per channel in that time?

Regards,

awangens

Post by awangens »

Our sound level meter have no line out so I need to buy one system from you.
What components do you recommend?

The sound level meter will always work together with TC-08.
I only need an usb out to connect to the computer that are logging everything to PicoLog and if you have an config file so i could write the data directly to an .txt file i would be very satisfied.

around 7 days and every 10 sec.

thank you

Kind regards ,
Anders

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Anders,

Unfortunately, I am not able to recommend any type of sound level meter - I think you need to contact a reseller or manufacturer to see what devices are available.

What I can advise is that if you are going to connect it to the TC-08 via a single channel terminal board, you will need to make sure that it has a maximum 5V output otherwise you will need to scale down the input using a resistor circuit.

With PicoLog, you would have to save the file to a text file after the capture has finished - the software cannot write directly to a .txt file when it is logging.

The number of readings that you require should be fine.

I hope this helps.