Unable to uninstall Pico USB driver

Having problems ? let us know the details here
spoon83

Unable to uninstall Pico USB driver

Post by spoon83 »

Hello,

I'm having a lot of problems when trying to uninstall the USB Pico Technology driver from my computer. I have read many post here and try them with no success. I installed the driver from this file "PicoFull_r5_20_3.exe" version 5.20.3. After uninstalling I had problems. Then I installed the version 5.22.6 to uninstall it again. I am still having the following errors when loading Windows (and it makes the loading very much longer):

(from System error log in Windows Logs, in chronological order translated from my original language)

1-. The service Pico Technology Ltd USB Driver (picopp.sys) could not be started due to the following error:
The system can not find the specified file.

2-. The service Pico Technology ADC-200 Driver could not be started due to the following error:

3-. The service Pico Technology Parallel Port Device Driver could not be started due to the following error:

Can someone help me to fix the error please? My operating system is Windows 7.

Regards

Hitesh

Re: Unable to uninstall Pico USB driver

Post by Hitesh »

Hi spoon83,

Are you running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you still have the PicoLog software installed, navigate to C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\Pico Full\System

Double-click DPInst.exe in the directory to install the picopp.sys file. Then connect the Pico Parallel Port adaptor and wait for the driver to install.

Next, go to Device Manager, and under Universal Serial Bus controllers right-click the 'Pico Parallel Port' entry and select 'Uninstall'.

This should uninstall the driver, then disconnect the Pico Parallel Adaptor.

If you have a 64-bit version of Windows the Parallel port adaptor will not work.

Regards,