ADC 212 on a dual operating system.

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
E.Muthu Kumar
User
User

ADC 212 on a dual operating system.

Post by E.Muthu Kumar »

Hi,
I have dual operating system in my PC. I have loaded Windows 98 in C drive and Windows XP in D Drive. I have Installed Pico software in Windows 98 and also in Windows XP. I am using ADC 212/100. When I boot with Windows 98 ADC 212 is working fine. But when I boot with Windows XP ADC 212 does not work. The driver is not at all recognizing the ADC. It gives a message " ADC unit not found on LPT1". I tried by changing the LPT numbers as mentioned in the help file. Even I tried by changing the configuration of the port from ECP to EPP and so on. It does not work in XP. But the the same ADC unit,same cable and same port wotks with windows 98 on the same machine. What could be the reason?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with your ADC-212 unit.

Firstly, the parallel port should be set in the BIOS to one fo the following:

Normal, Output Only, Unidirectional, SPP.

The settings ECP, EPP and Bidirectional should not be used as they occassionally cause problems with the operation of our products.

If you have done this and it still doesn't work, check in the system information that the ADC200 driver is working correctly.

If you have any other devices installed to the parallel port such as printers scanners or zip drives then try uninstalling them as they can sometimes cause a driver conflict even if they are not running.

Hope this helps, if not then please let us know and tell us which version if the software you are using.

Best Regards