Picoscope 3206A

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Margaux

Picoscope 3206A

Post by Margaux »

Hi

Why is it that Picoscope 3206A cannot do Data logging with Picolog? I need to log data for max 3 weeks to 1 month. I just found out that there is no Time/Date Stamp feature.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 3206A

Post by Martyn »

Our newer scopes are not supported by the PicoLog software as it is no longer being developed. Please see http://www.picotech.com/support/topic9363.html

It would be possible to develop your own application to perform the tasks you require, the information you would need to do this can be found in the SDK which can be downloaded for free from our website http://www.picotech.com/software.html
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Margaux

Post by Margaux »

hi

Is there any easier way to do Time/Stamp fuction or need to get another model to suit function? Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately there is nothing that will directly meet your needs . Therefore you would need to write your own application using the SDK.
Martyn

RS_

Post by RS_ »

I have ran into the same problem, I cant get PicoLog to work with my 3206A It will not show up in the Channel USB location.......

Has PicoScope 6 been updated to include the Data Logging features that Picolog has..... if so i cant find them, if not it sorely needs them

Have any software guys developed basic data logger software that will work with the 3206A.....?

This seems to be a BIG Gap in features in your other wise wonderful software and the 3206A hardware.....

I just wanted to do some basic data logging, and seem to be at a dead end with using my 3206A for that purpose

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you use Picoscope6 you can log up to 2h46m worth of data by using streaming mode and setting the collection time to 1000s/div, this data can be auto saved off at the end of collection by using the alarms feature.

Alternatively we provide console examples in the sdk which can be adapted quite easily to collect a set number of samples to a file.
Martyn