adc 12 parallel to usb

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Clive

adc 12 parallel to usb

Post by Clive »

i was wondering if the adc-12 can stream data through the parallel to USB connector continuously at 10Hz?

From what i have read, this product stores the data in a buffer that can be streamed, however, while streaming data from the buffer, will the adc-12 be storing new data, or will there be a period where data will be lost.

I will require the converter for a real time application requiring convertion over long periods of time at 10 Hz (or better), hence, loss of data will not be acceptable.

Best regards
Clive

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

The ADC-12 is capable of streaming when used in conjunction with the USB to Parallel port adapter. You will be able to get samples every 100ms time intervals or less. If you are intending using Picolog then in streaming mode you can take a reading every 1ms at its fastest. In this mode upto a million samples can be taken in one run. When the run is completed a new file is started and the next run starts immediately, or aftewr a delay (configurable via software).

If you are looking at writnig your own software then the driver is available along with the function prototypes.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer