PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL errors

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
MarkPotter
User
User

PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL errors

Post by MarkPotter »

Hi;- I have recently got Labview V11.0.1 (32 bit) and am writing an application for a Picoscope 3204B oscilloscope using the PS3000asdk_r10_4_1_1 SDK (which was the newest one a couple of weeks ago when I downloaded it)

In all the examples and when trying to use the VIs included in the picoscope3000a LLB in my own program I get PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL errors (chiefly from the error handler in picoscope3000asettings.VI at the ps3000aSetSimpleTrigger step). the 4 channel card flag is set to FLASE in all cases (correct for my card). Oddly, the only time the card acquires data without triggering an error is with the trigger disabled and the channel number set to C or D (which shouldnt exist). Sometimes the card also returns data despite the error condition stopping the program.

I am tempted to simply rip out the error trapping and see if I get good data, but would prefer to know why it is doing this - is it a known problem? I know that in some bits of the code the channels are listed D to A rather than A to D, and wonder if the channel order may be wrong in the code, but this still doesn't explain all the errors.

thanks for any help anyone can give.

- update after further analysis (OK you may spot this is about a minute after my original post, but thats just coincidence, i am posting as i work on the problem...)

I can confirm that with Trigger Enabled set to FALSE the card will only run with channels C or D selected, so it looks like the channel order is transposed.

HOWEVER, when I turn trigger Enabled on, if channel A or B is selected i still get the PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL error as above. if C or D is selected, which presumably are "valid" channels I get a PICO_INVALID_TRIGGER_PROPERTY error instead (it seems to work in EXT trigger mode, so at least I have a workable option to get data).

Is it possible to trigger from the data channels with this card (it certainly was with the previous generation picoscopes), and what do i need to do to make it work?

Mark.

Hitesh

Re: PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL errors

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mark,

I'll contact you via the Helpdesk to provide an updated dll.

Regards,

BenQ_5

Post by BenQ_5 »

hello, if you are tri¡ying to use the chanel A or B calling the function setsimple trigger you will be obtain the error described for you, so you must able the external trigger or if you want to use the same channel for data adquisition and for trigger you need to use the advanced trigger obtion contained into the SDK, you cant read about it in the programmers guide.

Best regards

Joachim198

Post by Joachim198 »

Hi!
I read the answers but have still got the same Problem. Newest SDK from homepage and a Picoscope 3204 B. The examples in the SDK only show PICO_INVALID_CHANNEL. When I start error 5016 by ps3000aSetSimpleTrigger. What do I have to change and where? Thanks

Regards
Joachim

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Joachim,

Please download the latest PS3000a SDK version 10.4.3.1 from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In Step 1, select your device and in step 2, select the Software Development Kit option - this will contain the updated dll.

Regards,

Joachim198

Post by Joachim198 »

Works fine now! Thanks!
regards
Joachim