please, help me to choose!

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
shoshanna

please, help me to choose!

Post by shoshanna »

Hello everybody!
I need help to choose the proper device!
I have two gas chromatographs and I would like to connect them to a pc via a data logger (I suppose a data logger would realize my idea).
As written on the referecence manual, the detector signal has a signal output from -0.01 V to +1 V.
Which device could I use to have a chromatograph???
Maybe ADC-20??
And which accesories???

Thanks in advance for your help

Susanna

Hitesh

Re: please, help me to choose!

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Susanna,

How long do you need to capture data for and how often do you need to take readings?

The PicoLog 1000 series (http://www.picotech.com/multi-channel-daq.html) and the ADC-20/24 (http://www.picotech.com/precision-data-acquisition.html) (as you have mentioned) may be suitable for your requirements.

The ADC-20/24 provide a higher resolution for readings.

For any of these devices, the corresponding terminal board is recommended so you can connect the output of the Gas chromatograph into the device.

Within the PicoLog software you will have to apply scaling to convert the voltage to the required reading.

I hope this helps.

shoshanna

Post by shoshanna »

Thank you for your help.
I tried a DrDaq device...
but the graph is unresolved.
Despite a "gaussian" I obtain a graph with many steps/stair (excuse me for my English!)
Despite a triangle I obtain a square....

Do you have any idea about it???

Thanks in advance
Susanna

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Susanna,

Please can you e-mail us at support@picotech.com with as much information about your setup including any photographs so that we can understand better what you are trying to do.

Any further information on the sensors would be appreciated. Which inputs are you using on the DrDAQ? What frequency is your input signal?

Are you looking for a real-time display of the graph as per the PicoScope software or to log the data over a period of time?

Regards,

Hitesh