Picoscope 4224 Not being found

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
oamarsh

Picoscope 4224 Not being found

Post by oamarsh »

I am attempting to open a Picoscope 4224 in the picoscope 6 software but the software is not finding the device.

Windows recognised the device, when I use the sample program provided in the SDK the device will open, and I was able to open the device in Picoscope 6 on a coworker’s laptop. I have tried reinstalling Picoscope 6, installing older versions, installing the beta version, 3 different USB ports, checked for driver updates, and running Picoscope 6 as admin.

I am now out of ideas of what to try next, does anyone have a suggestion for what to do?

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 4224 Not being found

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Which operating system are you using?

From the PC on which you are having trouble, please navigate to the following folder:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology

Windows 7: C:\Users\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Pico Technology

You may need to enable 'Hidden Files and Folders' via the Tools -> Folder Options menu.

In the above folder, you will find one or more folders with long alphanumeric names. Please send in the trace.xml files.

Thanks,

oamarsh

Post by oamarsh »

I am using windows 7 64-bit, I found the folders containing the trace.xml how would you like me to send them to you, I attempted to attach them to this post but xml files are not allowed.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Just zip the file and that would be fine.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Please try downloading and installing PicoScope 6.6.37 (RC) from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In Step 1, select your device. In Step 2, select the 'PicoScope 6.6.37 (RC)...' option and then click the 'Download R6.6.37' button when it appears.

Hope this helps,