Remotely reseting picoscopes

Post your C and C++ discussions here
pmulroy

Remotely reseting picoscopes

Post by pmulroy »

Hi,

We have a system with 3 scopes installed in a remote location that we use with our own software. Problem is that the PC was rebooted when they were waiting for a trigger event that never arrives. On reboot only 1 of the 3 scopes can now be correctly initialised. 1 hangs the process and the other returns a not available message.

Something like this has happened before in the lab and solution then was to unplug the scopes and plug them in again but as these are remote this is a little difficult.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the devices. Also saw that it was leaving some registry keys and tried removing them manually after uninstall and then reinstalling. Installs always proceed ok with no errors but always have same behaviour with the scopes locking.

Is there a way to power cycle them or in any other way to reset them remotely?

Regards,
Patrick

pmulroy

Re: Remotely reseting picoscopes

Post by pmulroy »

I should add that the scopes are PicoScope 4226 devices. and controller version is 1.13.4.0

Thanks

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Patrick,

Due to the method of connection, you would need to remove and replug the device in order to reset the devices. How far away is the PC? Are the scopes connected via a powered USB hub?

Are you using PicoScope or your own software application?

You may wish to change the ps4000.dll to the one provided as part of the PicoScope 6.6.23 install.

Best wishes,

pmulroy

Post by pmulroy »

OK Thanks Hitesh.

Will the new ps4000.dll give any other options in the future?

Regards,
Patrick

pmulroy

Post by pmulroy »

sorry forgot to answer your questions. No they are directly connected and they are using our own software. A reboot of the PC doesn't reset them so I guess there are continually powered throughout the reboot.

Regards.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

A colleague has suggested using an ethernet controlled powered hub that you can power cycle remotely.

I'm not sure at this moment in time if a feature to reset the device will be included in the dll but it's something we can suggest as a feature enhancement.

Regards,