project Help

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Gezz
User
User

project Help

Post by Gezz »

I am doing a project for my degree. I am wanting to monitor an engine, so this involves temperatures first and then try to integrate pressure and oxygen. I was also planning do do some strain guaging on the car chassis

I was planning on writing some software in visual basic to display the results in real time. I was looking at the ADC 11/12 to do the job,would this be a good choice. I am planning to get the sensors from a whole saler and calibrate them in my software.

First of all is it possible to do what I want to do ?

Im on a bit of budget so I am trying to keep the costs down. Any hits or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time Gerald Pearce

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for post, from what you have stated this should be feasable. However the sensor you intend using for temperature will most probably need to be signal conditioned. I would advise against a Thermocouple as the resolution for the ADC-11/10 and ADC-11/12 is not good enough. Once degree change with a thermocouple is only 40 microvolts approx.

The Pressure, oxygen and strain guage can all be used with the ADC-11, and voltage or 4 - 20 mA (not current loops) can be measured.

I would advise that you spend the extra and get a termianal board this will ease the connection of your cables.

You will ba able to write your own software using VB, a driver is provided free with the unit, and the prototypes are explained in the ADC-11 help manual.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer