Please bring me back to old ways!!!!!

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
xyliu

Please bring me back to old ways!!!!!

Post by xyliu »

After I upgraded the software, I have encountered two annoying problems. I really regret to upgrade!
1) If you sampling at 100ms/div with Single Trigger, you can not view pretrigger signals anymore (it is blank). I relied on this display to tell me if I am getting any signals. Now, I have to change to 200ms/div to view it, then change it back.

2) In the past, I can put one line of note across the whole screen width. With the upgrade, it limits them to about 40 characters. Rest of characters go to next lines, which you can not see. Because you can not see, it is hard to input them correctly and you can not make use of it (since it will not output to csv file). I rely on this note for Channel names and test parameters because you cannot give a channel with a meaningful name (i.e., batt1 instead of ch1) and you cannot output this note to a .csv file. I capture the screen as a picture so I know what is the test parameters. Often, 40 characters are not enough. Also, the bottom portion notes are trimmed. There is a new line with name "Notes " on top of the note line which waste the valueable screen space. Can you put this in front of the note line instead and give me more screen space for graphics or extra line for additional note!

I tried to uninstall the new version and reinstalled the old version. But I had trouble to make the old version functional. It keeps crash as soon as you open it. How do I go back to old version without me reinstall my operation system? Or better yet, fix the above issues.

I have a plea, can you output note to csv file and allow rename channel name. Thank you!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Please bring me back to old ways!!!!!

Post by Martyn »

I have just tested with R6.6.28 which is currently listed as release candidate on our website and the feautures work as they used to.

1. Tools->Preferences->Sampling and change the Collection Time to 100ms/div and you should be back to running in streaming mode which is what you describe.

2. Can you post a screen shot showing the notes issue. I am able to enter a screen width of characters after which it scrolls down to the next line as you continue to type.

Can you also post a screen shot of Help->About so we can check the versions
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

xyliu

Post by xyliu »

1) You are right, you can change to 100ms in the option to see pre-trigger preview. Looks like 100ms/div is the lowest you can go.

2) I am attaching a image file to illustrate previous version vs. latest version (beta) 6.7.2.1

Since I could not go back to previous version of software, I can not post version info here. But the new version is the latest beta from the web site. I have tried a couple versions before this, it had the same issue.

Thank you!
Attachments
Picoscope-Note-Illustration.jpg

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

100ms/div is the lowest that you can for the scope to be able to run in streaming mode.

For the notes issue I am still unable to replicate this on any of the new releases, even when I load in a trace rather than running from a live session.

Two suggestions :-

Can you post this psdata file here and I will try opening it.

Can you grab the lower edge of the trace window and pull it up to expand the notes section so that you can see a few lines.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

xyliu

Post by xyliu »

Thank you very much for your help! After I tried your 2nd trick - pull the lower edge of the trace window up slightly, all characters show up in one line now! Interestingly, when I pull it down slightly, it still shows all of them in one line.