PicoScope6 Installation Problem

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
rontulus

PicoScope6 Installation Problem

Post by rontulus »

Hi Admin,
One of my customer in Sydney, Australia, is having problem running the PICOScope 6.
I have asked him over the phone to uninstall PICOScope then install it again using the soft copy that is available for download in this website, version R6.6.23. Btw, he has the PICO 2207 used for automotive application. The installation process is completed OK and there is nothing wrong with it, however when we try to open PICOScope6, it comes up with this error message every time, would you please advise:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: picoscope.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.6.13.15
Problem Signature 03: 4ec4d281
Problem Signature 04: System.Configuration
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ca2ba8c
Problem Signature 07: 1a6
Problem Signature 08: 136
Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The OS is Windows 7.

Is there something wrong with the computer otherwise, please advise a solution to resolve this issue?
Additionally, he manage to get it running the first time but then, it just stopped working starting from yesterday and now even after reinstalling, it is still showing the above message.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope6 Installation Problem

Post by Hitesh »

Hi rontulus,

By
PICO 2207 used for automotive application
do you mean that the Customer is using the standard PicoScope software but using the device for an automotive application?

If the Customer has gone through the normal uninstall routine through Add/Remove Programs then it should have removed the old 6.6.13.15 version. Please ask the Customer check the list of programs in the Add/Remove Programs list.

Please navigate to the following folder on the PC:

C:\Users\hitesh\AppData\Local\Pico Technology (hidden files and folders may need to be enabled first).

There may be one or a number of folders with long alphanumeric names containing files such as preferences.xml or trace.xml. Please send the trace.xml files to support (at) picotech (dot) com, then delete the folders.

It might be worth undertaking a Windows System Restore (back up data first) to the point prior to the uninstall and installing PicoScope 6.6.23 on top - it should overwrite the existing installation.

I hope this helps.