Printing the Help manual contents

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
KenArton

Printing the Help manual contents

Post by KenArton »

Hello,

I've recently bought the 2205MSO picoscope -- everything I've tried so far indicates a great piece of kit.

One early task is to print a hardcopy of the manual. Mostly no problem; I have printed off all the sections, approx 100 pages, from the compiled HTML doc (a .chm file). However, I'd also like to print out the contents listing, but there seems to be no way to do this. Can anyone help?

One thing I've just come across. When working in X-Y mode with a slow applied signal to generate the scan (eg a ramp from the waveform gen at 1Hz), then the timebase has to be set to a correspondingly slow rate, eg 100mS/div, otherwise the whole scan is not displayed. This is not obvious, as you would not expect the timebase to matter when in X-Y mode.

Thanks for any help, Ken.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Printing the Help manual contents

Post by Martyn »

Not sure on the printing of the contents of the help file other than maximising the window, expanding the folders, and using "Alt-PrintScrn"

The scan rate is related to the operating mode of the scope the 100ms/div value is the default transition between Block Mode, where the scope collects the trace and then refreshes the display, and Streaming Mode, where the data is updated in the scope display as it is collected. The downside of the Streaming mode is that the X-Y plot wont get updated until a screen of data has been collected.

If you go to Tools->Preferences->Sampling you can change this transition time between the modes - Slow Sampling Transition - try playing with the settings and you should see the effects.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

PicoMike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PicoMike »

There should be a PDF copy on the CD the software came on, or you can view the latest PDF from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/psw6.en-22.pdf

Alternatively you can download the PDF. If you follow the link below, and scroll to "PicoScope 6 User’s Guide" you can right click on "PicoScope 6 User’s Guide" and choose "Save Link As" to save the PDF to your computer. The manuals are updated so check back to keep up-to-date.

http://www.picotech.com/document/

Mike
Mike
Pico Technology

KenArton

Post by KenArton »

Hi Martyn, Mike,

PDF version of manual is not on the CD, so have downloaded it from the web, and printed contents pages.

The info on sampling rates and block/streaming mode is most useful; I will take a closer look at that.

Many thanks for your help, Ken.