Exporting data from PicoScope 6 to Vb.net?

Post your .Net discussions here
Eminar1101

Exporting data from PicoScope 6 to Vb.net?

Post by Eminar1101 »

Hi all,
Can I use PicoScope 6 to export data, or rather "stream" data, from PicoScope to VB.net and if possible, can u please give me a hint or how to do that?
Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting data from PicoScope 6 to Vb.net?

Post by Martyn »

Can you give some more detail about exactly what you are trying to achieve, which scope your are using, and if you actually need to be running Picoscope 6 or would be able to control the scope from within a VB.Net application.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Pras

Post by Pras »

Eminar1101 wrote:Hi all,
Can I use PicoScope 6 to export data, or rather "stream" data, from PicoScope to VB.net and if possible, can u please give me a hint or how to do that?
Thanks
Hi,
I am also interested in this feature, if available. My interest is to acquire oscilloscope data along with collecting temperature information from a hot stage connected to the serial port of the PC. Thus I need to write at least part of the code myself, which would be done, for example, in Excel VBA. I especially like the Active filter and trigger mode facilities on the PicoScope 6 software. If data acquired on PicoScope 6 can be sent to Excel (in a loop manner), but addressed through Excel, it would be ideal. Greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

PicoScope 6 can export data to a file in a number of formats including csv and txt, it can't export to another application. The process can be automated by using the Alarms functionality by writing data to file on buffer full or similar conditions thay you specify.

However all data exports will be of raw data and so will not achieve any advantage over controlling the scope directly from within the VB.net application or Excel VBA macro using the driver API.

Sample code is provided in the SDK that should help point you in the right direction.
Martyn

Pras

Post by Pras »

Martyn wrote:PicoScope 6 can export data to a file in a number of formats including csv and txt, it can't export to another application. The process can be automated by using the Alarms functionality by writing data to file on buffer full or similar conditions thay you specify.

However all data exports will be of raw data and so will not achieve any advantage over controlling the scope directly from within the VB.net application or Excel VBA macro using the driver API.

Sample code is provided in the SDK that should help point you in the right direction.
Dear Martin,

Thank you for the reply. I need to set "Simple Edge, falling and 2V" setting for the External trigger input being fed from a FuncGen sync output. I am struggling to do this with Excel VBA. Additionally the manual does not seem to mention the method to get the active filter working through Excel. Kindly help in both the regards

Prasad

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The triggering has been addressed in the other post and works using the SetSimpleTrigger function. The filtering is not something you can turn on/off in the driver or scope, it is performed by processing the data in software.
Martyn

Eminar1101

Post by Eminar1101 »

achieved
then take this signal from picoscope 6 to any .net-based program so I can finally send it to an ASP.net website.
Any idea of how to do it.

thank you,
Eminar
-->
Martyn wrote:Can you give some more detail about exactly what you are trying to achieve, which scope your are using, and if you actually need to be running Picoscope 6 or would be able to control the scope from within a VB.Net application.
I will be running Picoscope 6 and exporting the data from the Picoscope 6 to the VB.net or any other .net program.
Do you have an example code that I can follow?

What I'm trying to do is to get the signal from the circuit i have designed to the picoscope 6---> achieved
then take this signal from picoscope 6 to any .net-based program so I can finally send it to an ASP.net website.
Any idea of how to do it.

thank you,
Eminar