Picolog 1000 keeps locking up

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
emarr

Picolog 1000 keeps locking up

Post by emarr »

I have 16 machines running picolog 1000. I only use 1 channel to read a simple DC voltage. Some of my computers have XP and others are Win7. Many of these will just stop recording right in the middle of collecting data. It shows that its still running, but reads 0V all the time. I verified that there is voltage at the termial board, but it is not seeing it. Stopping and restarting the application gets it going again. This occurs on both XP and Win7.

We have also had issues where you click on the Pico Recorder and you get Pico Player. In this case, we have to reboot the computer to get it to work again.

I have dowloaded the lastest version of software, but this still occurs. I made sure that all hibernate and power saving settings on the PCs are turned off. Any other ideas?

Hitesh

Re: Picolog 1000 keeps locking up

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Emarr,

How long are you recording for and what is the sampling interval?

It might be worth e-mailing your settings file to support@picotech.com

The easiest way to obtain your settings file is open a data file in PicoLog Recorder and click File -> Save as..., then for the 'Save as type:' select 'Settings files (*.pls)', enter a file name and click 'Save'.

With regards to getting PicoLog Player, it is likely that you have an instance of PicoLog running in the background. There are two options:

1. PicoLog Recorder has minimised and is running in the background - expand the system tray and see if the 'PL' icon is there such as below for Windows 7 (double-click it to restore it):
PicoLog icon in System tray on Windows 7
PicoLog icon in System tray on Windows 7
PL_Taskbar.png (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
2. Start Task Manager and look for the plw32.exe instance - select this and click the item to end this process.

Regards,