GSM and SMS

andy

GSM and SMS

Post by andy »

we having enviromon system EL005 and other sensor
we are interest on GSM and SMS support ,how and what need to add for this application .please advise how we can configure it .

thank
andy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

To use the GSM and SMS messaging with enviromon you will need to have the Siemens M20 GSM modem and an EL033 modem adapter so that that the modem can be connected to the EL005.

The details on using GSM can be found in the manuals.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

andy

GSM modem

Post by andy »

hello sir ,

THe enviromon system for GSM APPlication , Beside Siemen M20 ,kindly recommend other model and brand modem tha can be use for same purpose .

where to Get Siemen M20?what is price ?

The Radio Solution (MN6854 Gsm model ) useable ??pls advise
Thank u
andy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The system has been tested and developed with the M20 terminal. Unfortunately, I am unable to certify if the GSM you have stated will work with the Enviromon System.

To obtain the M20, I would recommend looking on the internet, unfortuately, we do not stock this ourselves.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

andy

EL005 n EL036

Post by andy »

hi again ,thank for u reply.
we having problem with our EL005 work with RH probe (cm013 type )by using EL036!
when configure (auto) they cannot detect channel1&2 conditioner only with El036 so we process to location of
sensor list we can locate CM 013 but sensor column black ...???

pls advise .

by the way ,we also need to know what current need for this set up RH sensor and EL 005 because we need to calculte the back up batery ?
we are using 12 V 7.2 AH ,how long it will last without a main supply (use in remote area ) plase advise

andy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the EL036 and EL005. When you do the auto detect, does the EL036 get listed, if not check that the LED on the EL036 is flashing. If the LED is not on then there could be something wrong with your newtwork cable and no power is reaching the EL036.

If the LED is flashing, use the 'Change Converter Address' to find out the address number for the EL036. When using this only one converter should be connected to the EL005 at a time. Use the Read button, this will then return the address and unit type. If you have other converters connected to your EL005 check the addressed of these as well .... the reason for this is that each converter type has to have a unique address number. To change an address use the change converter address application. The change conveter address and Enviromon cannot be used to connect to the same logger at the same time.

Once you have done this use Enviromon again and try the auto detect, if it does not display the EL036, the first time the button is pressed, try it a second time. Once the EL036 is listed in the converter list then you can go to location and add the channels.

If at any stage the conveter is not displayed, in the converter list either after auto detect (second attempt), in the location list, or with the change converter address, then try using a different network cable. Please let me know if this problem still arises after you have attempted all the above.

The amount of current draw when an EL036 is connected to an EL005 is approx 108mA.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

andy

EL005

Post by andy »

dear sir

our EL 005 Logger seen to not communication with PC ?? By using auto configure .. Get logger version faILED .

and LED not light even with power is on.??? pls advise

andy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

Has the EL005 communicated with the PC before?

If it has, have you put any new software on to the PC such as PDA (IPAQ), I would suggest trying it on a different PC. If it will not communicated with any PC we will have to get it the EL005 back and investigate the problem.

To return the unit please send your contact details and quote this post as reference to:

tech@picotech.com

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

andy

no communicate

Post by andy »

we try with other PC ..still not work at all.
andy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I believe that the only option for you now is to return the unit to us for investigation. Please provide your contact details by sending them to this email address:

tech@picotech.com

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer