PicoLog crash on second launch

Forum for discussing PicoLog
gregseth

PicoLog crash on second launch

Post by gregseth »

Hi,

I tried to use PicoLog Recorder 5.22.4 (and most importantly the SDK) with an HumidiProbe. It's working fine on the first launch (values of temperature and humidity are perfeclty readable and seem accurate), but if I quit the application (either PicoLog or the one I developed with the SDK) I can't launch it anymore: it crashes (on the splash screen for PicoLog and on the first API call for my program).

The only way to fix it is to unplug the USB cable of the probe or to shut down the computer an turn it on again: i.e. to cut the power from the probe.

This behavior has been observed on a Vista 32-bit and a Win7 64-bit installation.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Hitesh

Re: PicoLog crash on second launch

Post by Hitesh »

Hi gregseth,

We've found that the issue is repeatable and will submit a bug report for the Development team to investigate.

Something relating to the closing of the unit isn't working correctly, meaning that the device cannot be opened again unless the device is unplugged and replugged.

I can't advise on timescales at the present moment in time, but please keep an eye out on the software pages on our website.

Regards,

gregseth

Post by gregseth »

Ok, thanks.

On a totally unrelated topic, will there be a 64-bit version of the SDK for the HumidiProbe? And if that's the case, is there a release date?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

A 64-bit driver for Humidiprobe is not in the list of current Development projects, although this may change in future depending on demand.

Please keep an eye out on the forum or you can subscribe to the T&M e-mail newsletter to be kept informed of latest news:

http://www.picotech.com/newsletter/

Thanks,