Conformal Coating

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
BSI

Conformal Coating

Post by BSI »

Hi,
I was wondering if Pico digitizer boards could be ordered with conformal coating please?
Thx.
Laurent

Hitesh

Re: Conformal Coating

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Laurent,

We do not provide conformal coating, but you could either undertake this yourself or have this done elsewhere. Please note that if a fault deveoloped with the unit, it would make it harder to repair, although we would endeavour to do what we can.

I hope this helps.

BSI

Post by BSI »

Would you have any suggestion as which coating to use . Is there any concern with heat dissipation?
Thx
L.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Laurent,

Could you please clarify which PicoScope model you are interested in - is it the 6407? If so, it has an onboard fan as it requires an additional power supply.

If you have any further information about the environment (i.e. temperature, environment) and how you intend to use the device, that would be helpful.

Regards,

BSI

Post by BSI »

Temperature range: -20/-10oC to + 40oC. I am mainly interested for the cold side of the range.
Elevation: typically 2500m, but could be 5000m / 6000m.
The board remains protected inside its case, and is sitting inside en enclosed enclosure
Model: 4227.

What would you recommend for conformal coating? Are there some components that should remain free of conformal coating?

Thx

Laurent

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

This post has been answered via the Helpdesk.