Waveform display using LabView

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
DrPhilGood

Waveform display using LabView

Post by DrPhilGood »

Hello,
I begin to use a Picoscope 4227 instrument with the objective of integrating it in an automatic test bench controlled by LabView software. At first, I generated a 20MHz sine wave and captured the input and output signals on channels A and B, respectively. The time base was set to 125ns. When using the Picoscope 6 software, I could display two nice sine waves on my screen. Then, I took the rapidblock example program, and adapted it to my configuration and needs. In particular, I added a spectral analysis part which exhibited the expected results. However, I could not properly display the waveforms in the time domain. I guess that there is some routine that "re-shuffles" the samples in the time domain in your software to make them "visualizable".
My question: how can I display my waveforms with LabView with the same shape as when I use the Picoscope software?
I could attach my vi, but I need to know the LabView version that you are currently using, prior to providing it.
Many thanks in advance for your help!
Kind regards,
Phil

Hitesh

Re: Waveform display using LabView

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Phil,

Please post your file in LabVIEW 2011 format or send it to support@picotech.com

You can make use of the time interval between readings for the time axis to help with the time axis, and the value of timeIndisposedMs from the ps4000RunBlock() function could help with confirming the time taken to obtain the samples.

Regards,