USB to Serial Adapter

Having problems ? let us know the details here
jowsey

USB to Serial Adapter

Post by jowsey »

Hi, I have just bought a TC-08 and USB to Serial adapter for my laptop. However, after following the instructions to install the USB to Serial adapter it does not appear as "U232 Serial on USB Port (COM3)" under the port list in Device Manager. It does however appear as "USB Human Interface Device" in Device Manager.

When first attached to the PC, XP does not recognise it as "Pico USB-PP parallel port" as per the PICO manual. It appears as a "Serial Mouse device" instead.

The TC-08 unit works fine via the serial port on the back of my main PC, but until the USB to Serial connection is working fine I can't use it with my laptop.

Is there a way to resolve this problem?

Thanks

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the USB to serial to usb port adapter. I would recommend that you uninstall the driver and re-install it. When doing this make sure that the TC-08 is not connected to the USB to serial port adapter. Then follow the instructions. When plugging in the USB to serial port adapter into the usb socket do not have the TC-08 connected.

The mention of Pico USB PP in the manual is referring to a different usb adapter, this one is for the parallel port, not the serial port.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer