Current Logging, which product?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
egemen
User
User

Current Logging, which product?

Post by egemen »

Hi,
I'm currently working on a project and I need to log the current(in microamperes) induced on a coil. The main idea is to log the data on small time intervals, that is, 0.5 or 1 sec. and I want a plot of current vs. time. The computer that I use will be always open, and after each 24 hours, I will take a report of the measured values. As I expressed above, the current's unit will be on microamperes scale, and its sign would be positive or negative. Which product(s) would be the most suitable for my purpose?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post. This may be possible to use an ADC-16 and shunt resistor across the signal. The voltage would have to be single ended with reference to ground.

However, to advise further I will require further information such as the voltage level that you curcuit generates, the maximum and minimum ampage that you wish to measure.

Any other details that you can give me that may be of assistance.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

egemen
User
User

Post by egemen »

Thank you for your interest. In fact, what i wish to measure is the change in earth's magnetic field. I will connect a solenoid to an ammeter, then the change in the magnetic field inside the solenoid induces a current, and i will log it by using an ADC-16 and the software. But, then, i saw the "Recording Earth Field Magnetometer" experiment in your website. It requires a magnetometer circuit also. Can I perform this experiment by using only a solenoid and an ADC-16 and the software? I think using a solenoid may work instead of using the magnetometer circuit. Am I right?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunatley, I am unable to advise you on this question whether a solenoid will surficve, perhaps someone else on the forum can give guidance on this.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer