Picoscope 6 drivers not working with Arduino board

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
crazyjim

Picoscope 6 drivers not working with Arduino board

Post by crazyjim »

I am developing a product that is interfacing to an Arduino 2560 board and also using a Picoscope 5203. If either device is plugged into my development machine (Windows 7 64-bit) by itself, I have no issues. However, if both devices are plugged in, then only the Arduino 2560 will work fine (it's a USB connection communicated with as though it were a serial port), but the Picoscope 5203 will not be seen by Picoscope 6 software (or by interfacing via the DLL programmatically).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TinWhisker

Re: Picoscope 6 drivers not working with Arduino board

Post by TinWhisker »

Have you updated the Arduino 2560 firmware?
Does the Picoscope 5203 work ok if it is used first? (connected and PicoScope 6 running, after which the Arduino is then connected)

Apparently the newer Arduino 2560 firmware changes its USB VID/PID.
I cannot find what the early ID's were. It's unlikely to be similar, but worth a go.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi crazyjim,

Please could you let us know what the VID for the Arduino device is?

To find this:
  • Open Device Manager and right-click on the COM port entry corresponding to the Arduino board.
  • Select 'Properties' and select the Details tab.
  • Select the Hardware Ids item from the 'Property' drop down list as in the figure below.
USB Device VID & PID.
USB Device VID & PID.
In this case we have tested an Arduino Uno board with a PicoScope 3204B and 2202 device on a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit without any issues. I've not had a chance to test a 5203 device just yet.

I'll provide an update as soon as I can.

Regards,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

I've tested a PicoScope 5203 with the Arduino Uno board connected to my PC (Windows 7 32-bit) and experienced no issues with it.

Could you please let me know which version of the ps5000.dll file has been installed on your PC? This can be found in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\PicoScope6

Regards,

crazyjim

Post by crazyjim »

After I posted this, I actually found the solution. The issue happened when I had the Arduino board (which uses the FTDI usb to serial driver) set to a COM port higher than 10. When I was able to work on it again tonight, I set the COM port to 5, and now everything is working just fine. Thanks for all the help.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Thanks for the update. My setup had the Arduino board on COM6.

Regards,