TC-08 error code 9 and problem saving plw files to csv

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Justin

TC-08 error code 9 and problem saving plw files to csv

Post by Justin »

Hi,

I am facing a problem with my picolog reader each time i start up the application. The software will appear error code 9 and it did not detect my data logger. I would need to restart my data logger in order to get my data. Currently im using picolog version R5.21.5 with window XP3 as my OS.

After completing my data recording, another problem occurs when im trying to save my file in csv. The picolog software will hang and error appears asking me to close the application. Is there any guide on how to solve this both problem?

Thanks,

Justin

Hitesh

Re: TC-08 error code 9 and problem saving plw files to csv

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Justin,

Is your device a USB or Serial TC-08?

Looking at the USB TC-08 Programmer's Guide, an error code of 9 refers to a config fail, so it may well be your settings file that could have become corrupted. You could try creating a new settings file and see if this resolves the issue.

Please also download and install PicoLog R5.22.2 from our website:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html
  • In step 1, choose your device.
  • In step 2, select PicoLog R5.22.2
  • Click the 'Download R5.22.2' button when it appears.
Regards,

Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks Hitesh, I am using USB TC-08. How about the problem of converting the plw to csv file? This problem occurs each time im trying to save my file as csv after stop recording the data. The software will appear an error message requesting me to close the application. Eventhough I have restart the picolog recorder I still unable to convert my file to csv. Is it due to the picolog version or my plw file has been corrupted?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Justin,

Sorry for not explicily stating about trying to create the .csv file using PicoLog version 5.22.2 - have you tried doing this?

How large is the .plw file? If it is less than 2MB please send it to support@picotech.com along with your settings file.

Thanks,