Frequency measurement

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
town

Frequency measurement

Post by town »

Hi,

I want to log frequency of a voltage sinusoidal signal during a very long-term test (range of several months) with a sampling rate of about 1 minute. The frequency is from 10 to 300 Hz.

Could you recommend me a suit device for this purpose?

Thank you by advance,

Hitesh

Re: Frequency measurement

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Are you looking to log continously over a period of several months without stopping?

The maximum number of samples per channel in a data file is 1 million.

You can use the PicoScope 2204 or 2205 with PicoLog recorder to capture frequency, but the minimum frequency is 20Hz.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

town

Post by town »

Hi,
I don’t need measuring wave form, but just logging its frequency. So, 1 million of sample is ok for me because if I log frequency with a rate of 1 minute, it is equivalent to a period of about 2 years.

Effectively, I’m looking to log continuously without stopping. But I want to obtain gradually data logged. Is it possible? If the answer is no, can I do it by communicating the devices with LabView (because in anyway I will use LabView to log others measurements) ?

Thanks,

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

If you're trying to vary the sampling interval during the course of a capture, that will not be possible.

The Software Development Kit for the device does contain a LabVIEW .llb and .vi file as examples.

Regards,