Question on TC-08

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Peter Svancarek

Question on TC-08

Post by Peter Svancarek »

:?:
I have a theoretical question: can I measure temperature on a few thermocouples of different types at ones (of course with 200ms time step) together with potencial ?
:?:

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

It is possible to use multiple units on your PC, all you would require is a free serial port for each unit or a usb to serial port converter.

When setting up the different channels, you select the thermocouple for each channel, thus it is possible to have different thermocouple for each channel with multiple units.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Peter Svancarek

Question on TC-08

Hi

Thank you for your response.

Yours sincerely
Peter Svancarek

Peter Svancarek

One more question

Hallo.

My boss want to know answer for this question:
Can I measure 3 x "S" type thermocouple and 3 x potential?
On the picture there is 8 connectors, but there is no conector for potential? Is this because I have to connect cables for potential measurement to same conectors as thermocouples ?

You have to understand, we have bought one data acquisition card (AD612 from Humusoft) and we found out that that card is for our needs absolutelly useless- it can't measure as low potential as is needed for temperature measurement.

Yours sincerely
Peter

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

You can certainly measure 3 x S type thermocouples, the TC-08 cah use all thermocouple types and each channel can be set to a different thermocouple type.

With regards to measureng potential, if you are refering to single ended voltage then you will be able to measure voltsage in the range ±60mV. You connect these into the same slots that the thermocouples use. In Picolog for the channel type you would select mV.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Peter Svancarek

Thank you for your answer.
Regards
Peter