Custom y-axis scaling in spectrum view?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
stuartatpeasy

Custom y-axis scaling in spectrum view?

Post by stuartatpeasy »

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been answered before, or if I could have found the answer myself by studying the documentation more closely!

Is there any way to set a custom y-axis range in the spectrum view of the Picoscope 6 software? For example, it seems difficult to reach a scale of exactly 10dB/div. I have tried fiddling with the "offset" and "scale" settings, but these only permit two decimal places of precision, making it impossible to set the axis exactly as I require.

Thanks for your help.

-Stuart

Hitesh

Re: Custom y-axis scaling in spectrum view?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for waiting for this response.

I've had a go at doing this myself and I can see where you are coming from about adjusting the scale values. :?

I'll put in a request for an enhancement for a future release of PicoScope. In the meantime, the best way to proceed is as follows:
  • Adjust the scaling and offset till you reach the required number of decibels per division.
  • Place the mouse pointer to the side of the y-axis where it should change into a vertical line with an arrow at either end.
  • Left-click and drag the arrow up and down to adjust the values on the y-axis to be 0, -10, -20 dB etc.
I hope this helps.

Regards,