ADC212 Linux Driver

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
lynx

ADC212 Linux Driver

Post by lynx »

I have one ADC212 and wish to use it under a Linux box. But it seems that the driver a200lnx does not work well. I tried the sample program but it failed. If the specified port is 1, adc200_get_status() returns the error code 2 (A200_INVALID_HW_VERSION); if port is 2 or 3, it returns error code 7 (A200_UNIT_NOT_FOUND). What's the problem? Is there any limitation of the operation system, such as kernel version, glibc version, and gcc version?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem. The linux drivers are not compatable with the ADC-212/50 or ADC-212/100.

If you have an ADC-212/3 this unit should work with the linux drivers.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

That's really a pity. My unit is ADC212/100. Do you have any plan to make the linux driver support these units?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

There is currently a problem report in for the linux drivers, and the ADC-212/50 and ADC-212/100, unfortunately, I do not know when a fix will be available.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

haiqu

Hmmm ....

Post by haiqu »

Hi,

I wasn't quite sure whether to put this question under PC Oscilloscopes, Realworld Applications or ... until I saw this message thread, anyhow.

It is intolerable that register-level information doesn't seem to be available for the purpose of writing one's own drivers. I'm running in Win2k, Linux and BeOS and wish to both build my own USB-parallel adapter and use the ADC-212/100 hardware for purposes not advertised or forseen. An example is the GNURadio project, of which I have been a contributor for some time. I have also written a Delphi console for the SDR-1000 amateur transceiver, so am no newbie in the area of software development for this type of application.

Considering the cost of this unit in Australia (over AU$2000 at Emona) a non-working Linux driver just isn't acceptable, and I doubt the company will ever be likely to support the BeOS. Nor will fixing the driver for Linux help much if it's only guaranteed to work with one distribution.

Thoughts? I'd ideally like to see this information made freely available. Please chase up company policy on this and see if it can't be changed to make the unit more usable for those of us who have long since moved beyond mere instrumentation.

Rob

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your comments and input.

However, company policy states that no hardware information, or raw source code is permitted to be release with regards to the Parallel port products.

This policy will not be changed.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

haiqu

Post by haiqu »

Mark,

Thanks for clarifying that point. The card is now for sale after less than one hour's use. Anyone interested in purchasing an ADC212/100 at 10% off Australian retail (or near offer) should visit http://www.emona.com.au/_disc1/disc1_frm.htm

Worldwide shipping included.

Rob