AWG Negative Saturations

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Nick___85

AWG Negative Saturations

Post by Nick___85 »

Hi, last year I bought DSO PicoScope 2204 with integrated AWG. Two weeks ago I discovered that the AWG has problems in play the waveform that fall below values -0.5/0.6V. I attach pdf with images with the first 10 screens of the buffer. Note that not all records have the problem but just a few, but other times they all. Additionally, this problem occurs only a few days with limit -0.5/-0 .6V other days the limit is 1.5 -1, 6V and others-0.2V. Initially I thought it was a problem of power USB port, I tried using another Pc and nothing has changed. I reinstalled the drivers but still nothing. Suggestions?

Regards

Nicola
Attachments
WavePICOScope2204.zip
(167.02 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AWG Negative Saturations

Post by Martyn »

I notice from your traces that the Picoscope version you are using is an older one, and hence the drivers will also be older. Can I ask that you repeat the tests with the latest demo version, which will install alongside the other version without interference, and is downloadable from http://labs.picotech.com/.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Nick___85

Post by Nick___85 »

I installed, alongside the older one, the beta version 6.6.10.1 but nothing has changed. I attach images with the results of my tests. The file that is called Sine2 ... is a test that I did today and negative voltage was 1V higher than yesterday. I also tried other waveforms but nothing. I must say though, that just installed the version 6 beta for a minute the negative voltage was Ok, except that this condition has not been resubmitted.
Attachments
4.zip
Other Waveform
(218.79 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
3.zip
Sine 2,0V and Sine2... 1KHz
(143.95 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
2.zip
Sine from 1,7V to 1,9V 1KHz
(235.8 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
1.zip
Sine from 1,4V to 1,6V 1KHz
(232.72 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This looks like a hardware fault with the unit, therefore it will need to be returned for investigation. Please contact us at support@picotech.com to obtain an RMA number
Martyn
Technical Support Manager