Adding multiply waveforms & measurements

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Chris@Kane

Adding multiply waveforms & measurements

Post by Chris@Kane »

Hi,

I'm using PicoScope 6.5.80, 3425 4 channel scope, a windows 7 PC (64 bit) Intel Duo 3GHZ processor and have a few questions on the PicoScope software.

1) Is it possible just to display the measurement value and not the waveform? Also when you scale up the measurement value to say 72 point, is it possible to shorten or select the part of the measurement you want and not the inital text and save the layout for next time? Why does the bottom edge of the measurement valve get clipped by the slider bar on 72 point?

2) Is it possible to resize some of the scope windows larger than others like you can with most other windows based software? If not, are you looking to introduce this basic windows feature?

3) When i try to put more than one scope window with a larger measurement font and it's set to 72point, you still get the small font? Why?

4) When i bring up 5 windows with 5 different scope waveforms, why is the software so slow to react if the timebase is faster than 1mS/division? The processor is only running at 60% usage and i have plenty of physical memory left.

5) When i change the time base to 1S/devision, why do i loose the measurement value while it re-scans? Can it hold the last reading?

I Hope you can help?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding multiply waveforms & measurements

Post by Martyn »

Some of these features have already been added to the new Beta release which can be downloaded from

http://labs.picotech.com/

This can be installed alongside the existing version.

I will pass your other comments to the development team for consideration in future releases.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Chris@Kane

Post by Chris@Kane »

Thank you for your reply and yes, beta 6.6.7.9 does resolve most of my issues below. However to get to the point where I have 3 scope windows with a separate measurement window displaying 3 large 72 point measurement views took several attempts as the program kept crashing with blank error logs. It then locked the driver up as the software couldn’t find the picoscope anymore. A quick reboot sorted this out. (yes the beta is a bit flaky but at least it’s usable for our purpose). However, the feature that I really need that is still missing is the ability to leave the last measurement on the screen while the scope rescans the next (currently 1 second per division). Currently it's a quick flash and not long enough to right the values down. Could this be added fairly soon to the beta version?

Currently I’m using the picoscope 3425 with 3 channels to set up a production test setup but would want to use the picolog 1012 on our production line in multiply location. Will the beta version work with this product? Would it work if I wanted 6 waveform windows (from 6 channels) and 1 measurement window display 6 different measurement views. This would be replacing our old ADC11 & version 5 production test setups.

Hope you can help?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The display of measurements is currently being looked at by the development team so I have passed on your ideas.

The Beta version will work with the picolog 1012, and it is possible to configure 6 windows with a measurement window, although I am not aware of anyone who has tried this in a live situation so it would be worth testing out first.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager