New Picoscope Beta Release Available for Download

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Picoscope Beta Release Available for Download

Post by Martyn »

If you who would like to preview the new features we will be including in the next version of Picoscope you can download a Beta copy from Pico Labs

http://labs.picotech.com/
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

jomdata

Re: New Picoscope Beta Release Available for Download

Post by jomdata »

I have done so, but i look like there is some problem in the BETA version 6.6.2.13 ,,,, it is like it loses concact to the device sometimes.... PicoScope 4424...

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for your feedback I will pass the information to our development team. Was the PC busy with other applications at the time when communication was lost or was it just being used with the Picoscope Beta ?
Martyn

tomfield

Post by tomfield »

Beta version R6.6.7 appears to function on my Vista Laptop, but on my Pentium 3 desktop, it crashes on startup.
The production version R6.5.80 functions on both the Vista Laptop and the Pentium 3

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What O/S are you running on your desktop ?
Martyn

tomfield

Post by tomfield »

I had previously stated:

"Beta version R6.6.7 appears to function on my Vista Laptop, but on my Pentium 3 desktop, it crashes on startup.
The production version R6.5.80 functions on both the Vista Laptop and the Pentium 3."

I had reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP to get rid of all un-needed processes on the Pentium III because I plan to use this computer only for running the pico-scope 4227 along with acrobat reader (for reading manuals) and a few other programs with no steady internet access.

I loaded the operating system from the CDROM, installed service pack 3, and then allowed windows update to provide all updates after service pack 3 including Internet explorer 8. I installed Internet Explorer right after service pack 3 so that updates would include any related to IE8. Then I installed R6.5.80 and R6.6.7 beta. R6.5.80 worked right away but R6.6.7 beta crashed every time I attempted to start it. I rebooted and tried again with the same crash result.
Then when I went to do an image backup with Acronis 11, automatic update began another update on shut down that took a long time to install, but upon starting up the computer again R6.6.7 beta seems to start up now without crashing. I am not sure what the update was, but I think that it may have been a dot Net Framework update.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thanks for the feedback Tom
Martyn