Picolog Player on selecting Picolog recorder!

Forum for discussing PicoLog
John O'Toole

Picolog Player on selecting Picolog recorder!

Post by John O'Toole »

Hi, I have installed Picologonto a Dell laptop running Windows 7.

First use - no issues, all ran ok as expected.

The problem I now get is when opening Picolog Recorder using either the desktop icon or via the start menu, it opens Picolog Player instead of Picolog Recorder! At first, it only happend occasionally and if I tried again a few times, I would eventually get Recorder, but now, I only get Player and cannot get Recorder at all!

Can you select Recorder from the Player window?
Anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,
John

Hitesh

Re: Picolog Player on selecting Picolog recorder!

Post by Hitesh »

Hi John,

It may be that you have an instance of the recorder running in the background. Normally, only one instance of PicoLog Recorder can run at any one time on a PC - any further attempts to run the software will result in PicoLog Player being started unless you create separate settings files for different converters connected to the same PC.

Open Task Manager (Ctr-Alt-Del & select 'Start Task Manager') and look for an instance of 'plw32.exe'. Select it and click 'End Process'.

The other option is to click the 'Show hidden icons' arrow on the taskbar and expand it to see if there is a 'PL' icon present - click on it, and it should show the PicoLog Recorder window on the Desktop.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vesterholm

Post by Vesterholm »

I have experienced the very same thing with windows 7. When I force a shut down of plw32.exe through the task manager and I am starting the recorder again I get several other error descriptions and the contact with to TC-08 is lost is the message.
I have the PicoLog recorder symbol on the desktop but is starting the Player every time. The simple way for me so far is to restart the PC. Then I am able restart the Recorder !

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Versterholm,

Try unplugging the USB cable from the TC-08 and then plugging it back in again, then if you are on the Converter details dialog, click 'Refresh' - it should pick up the TC-08. This is probably due to the fact that the dll has not been able to send a 'close unit' message to the driver so it locks on the USB connection.

Regards,