PicoLog

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
jomdata

PicoLog

Post by jomdata »

Hi ....

Is it possible to use PicoLog to PicoScoope 4424 and it is possible that there will be a new version for 4000 series, and there are other ways to store data over a long time?

Hitesh

Re: PicoLog

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use PicoLog with the PicoScope 4424. PicoLog is unlikely to be developed further as PicoScope6's logging capabilities are likely to be developed further.

You could use PicoScope to capture your waveforms over a period of time and save them to a file - there is an alarm feature that you can use to automatically save the current or all buffers to a file. You could adjust the timebase as required and set the maximum number of waveforms to be stored in a buffer. How long are you looking to capture data for?

Regards,

jkosin

Post by jkosin »

I have similar issues.

I'm trying to capture a random event with variable pulse widths to analyze and determine the sources or cause of the problem. Unfortunately, the current software only generates snapshots for a specific period ..... Only up side is I can capture many events more than the oscilloscope on the bench, since the PC can restart the capture after saving.

Any improvements would be very welcomed.

The pulses I'm measuring vary from as little as 60ms to as much as 3.2 seconds or longer.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It might be worth looking at http://www.picoscope.tv/general/using-alarms.html to help you set up the alarms to perform this function.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager