Picoscope 4224 triggering how to get it to work?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
jwhitmore

Picoscope 4224 triggering how to get it to work?

Post by jwhitmore »

Hello all,
I've gone and bought a PicoScope 4224 as I'm messing about with the CAN bus and was advised that that was the way to go. Managed to install The Windows on a laptop and have The PicoScope 6 (6.5.78.5) installed on it.

Everythin' good now apart from getting this scope to trigger on the CAN signal comin' out of a microcontroller. I have a led flashing and of course when I connect the probe to that connection I can trigger every time. Now move the probe to the CAN connection and I'm either not getting a trigger at all, or I'm getting a trigger some time (seconds) after the event. In the case where I do get a trigger after the fact I can see all the negative pulses that were missed by the trigger. And of course I miss the start of the CAN Message. I know that the CAN message is going through as I've got another module on the BUS picking up the message and lighting a led. Every time the message gets sent the PicoScope just sits there scratching it's head and whistling in the wind.

In addition to that is there a way to get the scope out of the trigger mode? At present I have to kill the SW and restart it to get rid of the triggering yellow diamond. If I'm not trying to trigger I can watch the wave form going by without learning anythin' about it, but at least I see it going past. Try to trigger and all I see is a yellow diamond.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 4224 triggering how to get it to work?

Post by Martyn »

If you go to "File->Save Current Waveform As" to save a psdata file and then email this to the team at support@picotech.com we will be able to check your settings and advise you as to why you are having problems triggering on your signal.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager