Forward PicoLog current reading to another software

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
sysadmin

Forward PicoLog current reading to another software

Post by sysadmin »

Hi everybody.

Currently I'm using PicoLog for Windows release 5.21.9, with TC-08 for temperature reading

Does anybody know how to forward the reading of PicoLog to another software?

I'm thinking something like this, PicoLog will write the current reading of the temperature to a file. Than by using C++ code, the file can be read, and the last line or the last data corresponded to the current temperature reading can be extracted. Latter on the extracted data can be forwarded to another application. It can be useful a lot, raging from controler to input for simulation.

I do not search the forum because I do not know what is keyword for my question. So if someone already done this or if this is impossible, I would love to see the previous discussion.

Thank you very much.

Hitesh

Re: Forward PicoLog current reading to another software

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

The file format of the .plw files generated by the PicoLog software is covered in section 7.2 of the PicoLog User Manual which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/plw.en-3.pdf

It is recommended to process the data values after capture is complete.

The values captured by the software can also be viewed in spreadsheet format and copied into a spreadsheet application like MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc and saved as a .csv or .txt file.

You could try using the Software Development Kit which can be downloaded from our website to write you own application to send data directly to the other application or you could write an application that can read in the data from the .plw, .csv or .txt files.

The SDK can be downloaded from:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

On the software download page, for step 1 select TC-08 Thermocouple Data Logger (USB), then in Step 2, select Software Development Kit R10.1.0.17. Click the 'Download R10.1.0.17' button at the bottom of the page when it appears.

Regards,