some inconvenience of ver 6

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
rayray

some inconvenience of ver 6

Post by rayray »

hi

ver 6 improved greatly but didn't keep some function of ver5, but on some points, it is not as easy as ver 5.

ver 5 has a shortcut for copy a picture (ctrl c) and can copy waveform and notes.
ver 5 can measure by just clicking the waveform and can move ruler up/ down, right/ left with mouse or keyboard.

ver 5 waveform and notes are shown on same window which looks neat, ver 6 waveform and notes display in different windows. notes window has a frame, it look like something connected together.

if I want waveform and notes as a picture, i have to copy the entire window, that includes title of the file, status bar, menu everything, it seems messy.

can ver 6 improve that, it will be fantastic.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: some inconvenience of ver 6

Post by Martyn »

We are working on adding additional functionality in this area of the software.

An alternative would be to use the print function 'File->Print' to generate an electronic copy to include in your documents. This printout includes the notes section below the trace and some additional company related information which can be entered in Tools->Preferences->Printing tab.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

johnw

Re: some inconvenience of ver 6

Post by johnw »

Hi Martyn

If you are working on new features can I renew my call to improve the start/stop capture buttons?
When using the rs232 serial decoding for example and waiting for a triggered signal I often find I can't tell
if it is actually going to capture or not. (The buttons could be bigger too and the pop-up on them better)
It would also be nice to be able to clear the data without clearing the "accumulate data" setting or have I missed
something there?

best wishes
john
--------------------------------------------------