Long term monitoring with ADC11 into Excel

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
Heath

Long term monitoring with ADC11 into Excel

Post by Heath »

I am trying to do some long term monitoring with a parallel port ADC11. I have a script running in excel to access the ADC11 and collect a block of data from each of the 11 channels. The scrip then reads those values into a spreadsheet. The problem I have is that the script will run for about 45mins and then lock-up excel. Pressing escape will not halt the script, the only way to get out of excel is to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end the process.
The script currently scans the ADC11 for 0.1 sec and collects 10 samples from each of the 11 channels. It then runs a wait while routine to pause for a second and then carries out a new scan.
I have tried opening and closing the communication to the port before and after each scan, this did not help. The routine does not lock-up at the same number of iterations each time, but it is always more than 10 minutes run time (600 iterations).
The only other processes running are normal windows background stuff. There is no security software running and windows firewall is turned off.
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Heath.