WiNE on Linux

Post your Linux discussions here
tfielden

Re: WiNE on Linux

Post by tfielden »

Bypassing the DLL is a fine thing to do, but it's not the problem. Linux seems to ignore the windows dll. I removed it just to be sure. I've attached a screenshot that show the program trying to connect (lot's of relay clicks heard in the PicoScope itself) and the program hangs at this point.

I'm running a linux driver that was sent to me by tech support that does work for the command line test program under Ubuntu 9.10, if that's any help.

By the way, the program does complain about the PS2000.dll not containing a routine for ps2000_run_streaming_us, ps2000_set_light, and ps2000_last_button_press. Then it hangs.

Ideas?

Erik
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by Erik »

No, but I will look into it when I've got some spare time.
Those routines would need to be added to the wrapper, they should already be in the linux driver library.

Erik
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by Erik »

You also need to open the Wine cofiguration dialog and add psw32.exe to applications and select override windows 98 as the operating system for psw32.exe.

Erik
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by Erik »

I updated the wine wrappers to compile and added the missing functions to the ps2000 wrapper.
Attachments
picowine-1.0.1-src.tar.gz
Wine wrappers for the linux drivers.
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 809 times

tfielden

Post by tfielden »

Hooray! It works! Thank you so much for your help on this.

yan_circus

Post by yan_circus »

I try to use picoscope5 with wine under an ubuntu 10.10 and a picoscpe 2204 but for me it's not working ;(

I use the file: picowine-1.0.1-src.tar.gz (thanks to erik)
I installed picoscope5 with success
in the wine config application I choose w98 for psw.exe

when I launch psw.exe without my oscillo it's working
but when I launch psw.exe with the 2204 I have a segment fault.
I try with an ubuntu 10.04 and I have the same error ;(

with the driver from picotech it's working with the permission for my user. (./PS2000con)

under windows it's working but never use windows...

if somebody have some success with ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10...
or an idea to progress...

thanks

tapspace

Post by tapspace »

I have installed PicoScope under wine 1.2 in Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 32-bit edition.

I am having the same problem with an apparent segfault. I haven't verified this, but I think so

I have renamed the ps3000.dll to ps3000.dll.bak in the PicoScope directory and installed the driver wrapper v1.0.1. Also, I have created an override to use the builtin DLL only in Wine (and the application is set to launch in W98).

Any thoughts. Should I try Wine 1.0 instead?

tapspace

Post by tapspace »

I am also having trouble installing PicoScope on Ubuntu with Wine (PicoScope 3425). I have the sample application working in Ubuntu Maverick 10.10.

I have tried running with Win98, Win2000 and WinXP (Win98 crashes, Win2000 and WinXP hang on starting the application). I have tried the native driver DLL and the builtin driver DLL (the picowine driver v1.0.1). I have tried Wine 1.0 and 1.2 (in 1.0, the installer does not have any devices in the list). I have tried PicoFull_r5_21_1.exe and PicoFull_r5_21_2.exe. I can hear the relay click on once before the application dies or hangs.

Thoughts? Is this no longer working?

tapspace

Success on Ubuntu Maverick

Post by tapspace »

Good news:

Another poster suggested installing the application in Windows and copying it over to the Wine C:\Program Files manually. This worked! Installing PicoScope 5 in wine did not work. Instead, I installed PicoScope 5.21.1 in Windows XP in a VMware VM and tested that the scope worked in the VM. Then, I copied the "Pico Technology" folder from "Program Files" to the "Program Files" folder in my wine 1.0 installation.

Here's what I used:

Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 32-bit
Wine 1.0.1
PicoScope 5.21.1
picowine1.0.1
Linux Driver R3.6.4.4.1 32-bit

Finally, in the wine settings, you need to create a profile for psw32.exe, which sets the OS to Windows 98 and add a DLL override for ps3000 (use builtin, not native).