Installation of software upgrades (Enviromon)

Having problems ? let us know the details here

Installation of software upgrades (Enviromon)

Post by Guest »

I plan to install the beta version of Enviromon R5.10. Is it necessary to deinstall the previous version (R5.08.6)?

In any case, how can the data already logged be transfered to the new version?

Thanks you in advance.

Francisco

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Before installing the latest beta version, make a back up copy of your data and configuration files, this is the .rdg and enviromon.ini respectively. Once you have done this you can either overinstall the beta version or you can in stall the beta into a new directory.

Once you have installed the beta version, copy the .rdg and .ini files you backed up earlier, into the directory you installed the beta version of Enviromon.

Now you have the new beta version, I expect you will have a problem with the update time failing when configuring the logger (only if using the EL005), to solve this problem go to the Logload directory and run logload.exe. Follow the on screen instructions and the logger has a new binary file written to it.

Now open enviromon and Program the logger through the configuration panel. The restart enviromon. You should be able to see all previous data stored in the .rdg files, through the Spreadsheet and graph.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Francisco Blanco

Post by Francisco Blanco »

Thank you for the advice.

I have installed version 10 in a separate directory, and copied both files in the new directory as suggested. When I start the program, the following error appears:

Assertion failed: 0, file config8.c, line 180 (followed by termination)

If I start from scratch (without copying the files), I can configure the converters and sensors, but when I try to program the logger the same error message appears in the screen.

Please advice.

Francisco

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

If you can send me the enviromon.ini file to:

tech@picotech.com

If you can include a contact telephone number I will call you and discuss the problem. Please make reference to this post in your email.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Please can you provide me with a little more information.

The logger that is being used, is it a EL008?

What Operating System are you using.

Do you have an EL011 Alarm Relay configured in your system.

Please email me your enviromon.ini file.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer