Installing TC-08

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Nat Spencer

Installing TC-08

Post by Nat Spencer »

I am trying to install a TC08 data logger, and am having trouble starting the data logger. When I go to New Settings I get stuck on the COM port. When I check "Status" two windows open. 1) Error TC08 COM2 Unit not opened, and 2) Device Status TC08 Driver V2.5TC08 not found.

When I click on help, a blank help page opens.

Where am I going wrong?

Nat Spencer

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem.

The messages that are being displayed indicate that the unit and PC are not communicating. Chck in your device manager about your com ports. If you have a com1 try this as well.

If the unit will not connect on com1 or com2, I would recommend trying it on a different PC. If the TC-08 does not work on other PC's either, has it ever worked and if when was the unit last used?

If the unit does work on another PC, then they problem could be due to the voltage levels on the original PC's serial port. This you can check:

Start Picolog running and then File | New Settings once the unit has tried to connect, unplug the serial lead form the TC-08 and test the following pins in the serial cable:

Pin 4 < -7volts
Pin 7 > +7volts
Pin 5 gnd

If the serial port is giving less than the stated voltage this would casue a connection problem. You could try running the TC-08 through a USB to serial Port adapter, or I can provide a schematic on powering the unit externally. If you would like the schematic please send an email to:

tech@picotech.com

and quote this forum post.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Nat Spencer

TC08 Error Messages

Post by Nat Spencer »

I have tried the TC08 on another PC and have had the same problem. I have also checked the COM ports and changed from COM2 to COM 1 and still having no luck.

The TC08 is brand new, and it was being used for the first time.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Did you test the voltage levels coming from the serial port?

If the voltage is less than I stated, the simplest solution would be to use a USB to Serial adapter.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Nat Spencer

Post by Nat Spencer »

Mark

Yes, I have tested the voltages, I am getting -11V on pin 4 and + 11V on Pin 7 and ground on pin 5, so they are all on the right side of 7V.

Nat Spencer

Nat Spencer

Post by Nat Spencer »

I have still be unable to use my TC-08, so have been looking in the Technical support section in the Manual. It mentions that I should have a file called Pico.vxd in the system folder in WIndows. I do not have this file and am unable to find it anywhere on the hard drive or on the supplied CD. I have tried to download the latest version from the website and this is still not helping.

This problem is running on and delaying monitoring of autoclave cure cycles.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

The .vxd file is only required if you are using Windows 95, 98 or ME. If using XP, 2000 or NT then the pico.sys file will be used. Which OS are you using.

I would recommend that you try the TC-08 with a USB to Serial port adapter, if you are concerned that the TC-08 is faulty please provide contact detail via email:

tech@picotech.com

and arrangments for return can be made.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

I have tried using the TC-08 on Windows 95 and 2000, and had the same problem on both. I shall try and get hold of a serial to USB converter and try again

schering

installing TC 08

Post by schering »

Anonymous wrote:I have tried using the TC-08 on Windows 95 and 2000, and had the same problem on both. I shall try and get hold of a serial to USB converter and try again
I have the same experience with the new software versions. The ADC 22 converter is working OK. But when I switch over to the TC 08. The converter can't be opened and the error driver V2.5TC08 not found shows up. My operating system is WIN 2000.
At a laptop with WIN 98 and older Picolog software (5.07.5) is working ok

Pico please solve. Friendly regards, Johan Schering

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Have you used the TC-08 on the Win 2000 machine before. If not check the voltage coming from the serial port as described above.

Have you installed any other software on your PC that uses the serial port such as a PDA. If so this could stop it working.

If you cannot get the TC-08 working on the com port you could try using a USB to serial.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer