Trigger question

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
bane
User
User

Trigger question

Post by bane »

Hi,

Is it possible to tell the scope to trigger immediately after the pretrigger buffer become full?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Bane

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trigger question

Post by Chris »

knowing the sampling rate, you could set the autotrigger timeout to a value that corresponds to the lenght of time taken to collect the required number of samples.

bane
User
User

Post by bane »

yes I know this.
I need to this dynamically. That means the default auto trigger timeout is infinite in my case.

In my scenario I have to generate an external trigger pulse when the pre-trigger buffer is still not full.
That means my requirement is that the scope "remembers" the trigger request, and immediately triggers after the number of samples have been collected...

Is this possible?

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

If the trigger even occurs before set number of pre-trigger samples has been reached, the trigger will not happen.

If the set number of pre-trigger samples has been reached, the trigger will happen the next time the trigger event occurs.

Even if a trigger event occurred before the set number of pre-trigger samples has been reached, the trigger will not happen until another trigger event occurs, after the number of pre-trigger samples has been reached.