uv absorbance measurement using picolog 1012

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
New_pico

uv absorbance measurement using picolog 1012

Post by New_pico »

Hello
I purchased a Picolog 1012
I have attached it to a Bio-Rad EM-1 Econo UV Monitor as shown in http://www.artisan-scientific.com/69629.htm

Basically, liquid flows through the UV monitor and a continuous increase or decrease in UV absorbance is measured.

I would like to use the Picolog 1012 to record this gradual increase and decrease in absorbance to an excel spreadsheet.
Please explain how to do this. Do I use the Picoscope 6 software or the enviromon software. A reasonably detailed explanation would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jeff
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: uv absorbance measurement using picolog 1012

Post by Jeff »

Hi new_pico,

The PicoLog software, which is included on your Pico CD, is the best for this application. Plug in your PicoLog 1012, connect it to the UV sensor, run "PicoLog Recorder" from the icon on your desktop, do "File > New Settings", accept all the default settings and set the converter type to "PicoLog1012/1216". Next, do "File > New Data" and create a new file. You can then click the "Start" button to start logging.

When you have enough data, stop logging, do "File > Save As" and save your data as a CSV file. You can then open this file with Excel.
Jeff

New_pico

Post by New_pico »

Thank you Jeff

test_pico

Post by test_pico »

Hi New_pico,

could you please provide detailed explanation on how to connect the picolog1012 to EM-1 econo UV monitor?

thanks