Problem linking to tc08_get_cycle from custom software

Having problems ? let us know the details here
grs

Problem linking to tc08_get_cycle from custom software

Post by grs »

Hi,
Can you help with the following anomaly please?

I have just purchased a TC08 unit and want to write a custom logger so that I can consolidate data from several sources onto a common clock.

I have tried both MSCV7 and then MSVC6 and in both cases the project fails to link because it is looking for tc08_get_cycle@8.

I am using the tc08.h header supplied for prototypes. (Passing note: there are some minor differences between the definitions in tc08.h and the manual.)

I am using the latest version of the driver code - downloaded on Friday 19th March.

If I take out the offending call then functions tx08_open_unit(), tc08_close_unit(), tc08_set_channel() and tc08_get_temp() all link fine and the prgrams appears to work. Obviously I can use a delay based approach to ensure that the cycle time has elapsed but I would prefer to do things properly.

I guess that there is either a problem in the way the dll was consructed or a mistype in the header, although if I understand correctly the '@8' referes to the number of bytes in the parameter list and dependency walker only shows a tc08_get_cycle@4.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Regards,

George Sealy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the TC-08 driver and header file.

I have tested the Beta release for the TC-08 driver, and it compiles fine when the tc08_get_cycle is used.

Code: Select all

long lCycle;
tc08_get_cycle (&lCycle, port);
No changes are required in the header, make sure you are using the correct .lib file: tc08ms.lib.

I tested the above with MSVC++ 6

The driver file can be downloaded from here.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer