Can't even begin with DrDAQ and Vista

Having problems ? let us know the details here
bradscopegems

Can't even begin with DrDAQ and Vista

Post by bradscopegems »

Disk provided does not autoinstall. Searching disk reveals no exe file, just 'manuals' and an 'information' file mentioning a setup program which I can't run. 'Run' procedure recommended in manual cannot be followed in Vista. Downloaded Picoscope 6 from web (after three attempts, including windows announcing incorrect installation after Wizard had announced successful installation). I now have Picoscope rainbow wave ikon on screen and can start program, but it cannot find device, no matter how many times I unplug and replug it or which USB socket I attach to.
After many years using a parallel port ADC 212, and having replaced it with DrDAQ because of decline of the ancient computer, I am very disappointed that I can't even get started.

bradscopegems

Re: Can't even begin with DrDAQ and Vista

Post by bradscopegems »

And, following on from previous post, I have tried, using a computer running XP. Same result. Completely impossible to load any software from the disk provided. Also, although the F drive appears under 'My computer' as F: DrDaq Datalogger this does not allow the disk contents to be inspected. Clicking on the F drive merely prompts for a program to open a file. Selecting 'Explorer' crashes the system after showing two files ( manuals folder and info) for about half a second. Help!

PicoMike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't even begin with DrDAQ and Vista

Post by PicoMike »

Hi There,

Firstly, I apologise for the issues you have been having. We are aware of an error on some of the software CD's.

Secondly, please go to the BETA download section of our website (http://labs.picotech.com/) and download the latest software - PicoScope R6.5.64.

We are also aware of a driver issue with the latest software releases when swapping from using PicoScope to PicoLog. Swapping between these programs using DrDaq, the application will need to update the firmware on the DrDaq. During the time that the firmware update is going on, the application software can’t connect to DrDaq, and times-out before the firmware update has completed.

If you only intend on using PicoScope, you do not need to worry, however if you do intend to use PicoLog aswell, you will need to follow the below workaround.

Copy the usbdrdaq.dll from PicoLog to PicoScope

Copy the USBDrDAQ.dll from

C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\Pico Full\USBDrDAQ.dll

and paste it to

C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\PicoScope6\USBDrDAQ.dll

There is a new release of the software due to fix this issue, however it is still in preparation.

I hope this helps, and apologise for the issues you have experienced.

Regards,

Mike
Mike
Pico Technology