AC-100 installation

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Anil

AC-100 installation

Post by Anil »

Hello,
I used to use an ADC42 single channel one earlier on the parallel port on my computer (XP OS).
I recently purchased a ADC-100 dual channel logger, and connected it
to the parallel port to which the ADC-42 was earlier connected (after removing the 42). I am using an XP op. sys. I reinstalled all the software, selected the module as ADC-100, and also the port as LPT1.
But for some reason, I do not see any signal on the oscilloscope.
I am testing with a sinusoidal wave generator as signal input.
If i reconnect my ADC-42, i can see the wave on the oscilloscope.
But the ADC-100 for some reason is giving a flat line on both the channels.

Do i have a defective ADC-100 module, or is there a mistake in the way i am operating it.

thanks,
Anil

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem. I would like you to try this:

Enter the BIOS on you PC and check that the Parallel Port mode is set to one of the following:
SPP, Unidirectional, Normal or Output only.

Do not set it to any of these:
Bidirectional, ECP, EPP.

Once you have done this check that the PC is getting a signal in by placing the signal generator onto one of the inputs. If you see a noisy square wave then insert the adapter and check it is registered, Help | About .

If it is registered it will list the adapter as 'Use Adapter', if this is not the case then

File | Setup | Preferences ........ In the Patches text box enter f0:2 click ok and restart Picoscope.

If the above does not solve the Problem, then try the ADC-100 on few other PCs. If you are unable to get ADC-100 working on any PC
then the unit could be faulty.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer