ACD200 with BBC Basic Programming

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here

ACD200 with BBC Basic Programming

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I'm working on programming ADC-216 on BBC Basic, but I have some problems to be solved.

The problem is about linking to .DLL file. Basically, in BBC Basic, when I call the function on DLL file (adc20032.dll), I have to send the pointer for what variables that I need the function to return the variables. It works well with adc200_set_timebase function which gaive me exact value of ns and is_slow. However, the problem is caused when I call the function adc200_get_values. The buffer_A and buffer_B give all strange values which are out range (much much over 32768 and much much lower than -32768). I'm unsure where the problem happens. It would be very appreciated if someone can bring me out of maze.

Thanks,

Mayez

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The problem that you seem to be having is a compatibility, the short in C is only 16 bits. It could be possible that you are passing a 32 bit data type.

Unfortuntely, I have not done any BBC Basic in a long time, but I would recommend that you have a look at the visual basic code and how the funtions to get_values are called along with the data types used.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer