TC-08 dual operation

Which product is right for your exact requirements

TC-08 dual operation

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I want to measure the temperature of 12points on the object surface in the same time. In this case, will it work without any trouble if I connect 2 TC-08s to PC via USB cable?
If it's not possible, please give me a marvelous advice.

Thanks

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

It is possible to use multiple units with Picolog and therefore you will be able to measure 12 points.

However, when you say at the same time, this will ne be quite the case. To take a temperature measurement from each channel it has a 200ms converstion time for each channel and 200 ms for cold junction compensation, so to cycle through 6 channels on each unit it would take approximately 1400ms.

The TC-08's can be connected to a USB to serial port adapter and used in the normal way, but the USB to serial port adapter must be able to provide the power to the TC-08 so that it can run. The voltage level should be 7 volts on the positive and negative rail. This is all explained in the help manual, just follow the download button if you do not already have it.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

7 volts?

Post by Guest »

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your information.

In your reply, you mentioned "USB to serial port adapter must be able to provide the power to the TC-08 and The voltage level should be 7 volts."
If I connect 2 TC-08s to notebook computer using pico's adapters, will it happen that these adapter can't provide the power for 2 TC-8s operation?
Does it depend on the notebook computer supecification?

I've thought that when I connect 2 TC-8s to notebook computer using your adapter, they would be running without any problems.

What is required for dual TC-8s operation? Do I need other item or something?

Thank you for advance,

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The power can be notebook specific, however, the number of times this fails on a laptop is less then 1%. When using USB to Serial port adapters, they will just plug in and work straight away.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer