Post by Mitch7 »

USB Hub
--------> DAQ device A
--------> PS4000 A

Laptop USB Port 2
----> USB Hub
--------> DAQ device B
--------> PS4000 B

If I use ps4000EnumerateUnits I can find the serial number of all the picoscopes. e.g. AS036/011

My question is, how do I relate a picoscope to it's physical location in the tree, so i know which DAQ device it's data should be grouped with?

I do have code that traverses the USB tree and finds the location of the two picoscopes (from a USB perspective), but I can't tell one ps from the other because the standard windows calls to retrieve the serial number of a connected USB device return an empty string.

So I am kinda stuck. I need to know the serial number to open the ps4000, but I can't relate that sn to the physical location.

I am using DeviceIoControl calls to get info about a particular USB port, including for example, manufacturer and model. I also ask for the serial number, but it comes back blank. It must be a different SN than the one returned from the pico enumerate method.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Mitch
-->
I have the following configuration where each PS4000 is paired with another data acquisition device attached to the same hub

Laptop USB Port 1
----> USB Hub
--------> DAQ device A
--------> PS4000 A

Laptop USB Port 2
----> USB Hub
--------> DAQ device B
--------> PS4000 B

If I use ps4000EnumerateUnits I can find the serial number of all the picoscopes. e.g. AS036/011

My question is, how do I relate a picoscope to it's physical location in the tree, so i know which DAQ device it's data should be grouped with?

I do have code that traverses the USB tree and finds the location of the two picoscopes (from a USB perspective), but I can't tell one ps from the other because the standard windows calls to retrieve the serial number of a connected USB device return an empty string.

So I am kinda stuck. I need to know the serial number to open the ps4000, but I can't relate that sn to the physical location.

I am using DeviceIoControl calls to get info about a particular USB port, including for example, manufacturer and model. I also ask for the serial number, but it comes back blank. It must be a different SN than the one returned from the pico enumerate method.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Mitch