PicoLog1216 Mode

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
KEggemeyer

PicoLog1216 Mode

Post by KEggemeyer »

I am using the PicoLog1216 to collect data over a long period. I am collecting 100 samples from three channels per second to update a display. I am able to do this in "single" capture mode, but would like to switch to "streaming". When I do switch, regardless of the settings in "SetInterval", the data does not come back correctly. Specifically, the first value in the return array might be from channel 1, 2 or 3. What am I doing wrong?

Kevin

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoLog1216 Mode

Post by Chris »

Hi Kevin

A good place to start when writing your own code is with the examples in our SDK's.

An example for the PicoLog 1216 is available on our download site

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

This includes a 'streaming' mode example, which shows how to set up the scope to use this mode.

Hope this helps,

Chris

KEggemeyer

Post by KEggemeyer »

The only sample included with the SDK was an MS-Excel sample for "single mode". Where might I find more examples?

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

Hi Kevin

Our new SDKs were released on 3rd September, and include PL1000sdk r10.1.0.3, which covers the PicoLog 1012 & 1216.

This sdk includes a C code console application example, which has a 'streaming' mode section.

Chris.

KEggemeyer

Post by KEggemeyer »

Does the mode really matter? That is, if the software works as intended in the "wrong" mode, why fix it, right? I'm calling the run command in "single" mode every second to collect 3 x 100 values and it is working fine.

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

Hi Kevin

If it's now working for you, that's great.

If you have any detailed questions, please email

support@picotech.com

Thanks,

Chris