Audio/wav files

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Doknocker

Audio/wav files

Post by Doknocker »

I would like to use the 212/100 to record about 15 seconds of an audio signal (about 6Khz max), analyze with the spectrum analyzer, and then convert the file to .wav. Do you know of a way to convert the captured file to a .wav file? Any other comments would be appreciated.

Jim

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately our software will not be able to convert the audio signal to a .wav file. I'm not even sure if this is at all possible. Perhaps someone else in the forum has some experience with this?

Best Regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

Post by Guest »

If not a wav, then how about an MP3? Someone must know of a way to convert amplitudes as stored by the scope to some type of sound file. Anyway, what is the file format of the stored scope data - is there an example that I can download.

Maybe I could record the sound file, then play it back and sample it with the scope to get the spectrum.

Thanks,
Jim

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Unfortunately, our software can not read in any kind of music file. Iy works by taking analogue signals and converting them into digitised voltage readings.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Andy Nicholl

WAV files

Post by Andy Nicholl »

You may be better to download the free version of Audiograbber (find it with google!) to convert your sound into a WAV file. The Pico software should then be able to take the analogue signal either from the source or from the WAV file played on another PC (or even the same one?) and display it correctly - run a lead from the headphone socket to the Pico input socket and try!

Andy Nicholl
IOM
Edinburgh

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for this suggestion but we do not know if it will work as expected.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer